Thursday, December 15, 2022

Ch. 16 - Ending.

CH. 16 – Ending

As we share in a laugh, looking back to the sparks that bolstered the flame; we acknowledge the hard work it took to tend to the fire. The diligence of buckling down and picking the trees for the best wood, to ensure that we can be mindful of our actions as we await the sunrise. Along the way, as we fanned the flames we found that we weren’t alone. There were other people working diligently right beside you all along. Stoking their own fires and while we may not all be eating the same dish we all are sharing the same pot. We prep what we must to eat the fine meal that is the fruit of our labors. Together hand and hand we find gratitude as we all step one step closer to being able to truthfully answer one of life’s shortest yet hardest questions. Hello, who are you? We have laughed together, we have grown together, and we have cried together. This paper is just a paper that tells us what we already know. What matters is that, as we sit here watching the sunshine over the hills of our accomplishments, reflecting the next mountain to come; is that we take this moment to eat the meals we have prepared with the flames of our own fires and share of the fruits that we have grown with one another. Ah, yes that was a good book… and so we close it looking at the shelf perhaps one day along the road, we will write another book together? Only time will tell. Rejoice, be marry, now it’s time to rest, now it’s time to eat, now it’s time to sleep.

Ch. 16 - Ending -JMM





























11 comments:

  1. Poignant in looking back.

    Eloquent in flow.

    What a wonderful way of concluding our IS101-3012, Fall 2022 journey :-)

    Love your use of whitespace to build up Dr. Strange closing the book with "Nope!"

    You are quite a storyteller, JMM ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Professor Wu you are truly an inspiration to me.

      Delete
  2. I love reading your posts Juan. I hope you keep up with the writing. Maybe one day we'll all be reading a book you wrote. Perhaps a book of poems?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to miss reading your poems. "Now it's time to rest, now it’s time to eat, now it’s time to sleep” I will do all 3. Juan, I wish you success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Tiffany; who would've thought to share a plethora of poems on their blog? I'm very interested to read your page once a week because each poem is different, yet the themes all relate and flow to each other. And as for the end of the poem, "now it’s time to rest, now it’s time to eat, now it’s time to sleep," I most DEFINITELY will be doing that. Eating seafood boils, watching k-dramas, catching up on my fitness goals, and so much more. Good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your way of writing always engages me, Juan. It makes me feel what you may have felt as you were typing it out. I will definitely miss reading your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Say, "Thank you" from the bottom of my heart. It is your blog that makes me realize more writing techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an eloquent way of putting a closing poem to end IS101-3012.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a beautiful poetic ending to the semester Juan. You've inspired me to get back into writing poems again and for that I am grateful to you. The semester is over but I hope the communication continues. I wish you the best in your future endeavors. Happy holidays to you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love any cliff hanger of a post. Awesome thank you for this post Juan. I always look forward to reading your post. May you have a good ending to your academic semester.

    ReplyDelete