Saturday, September 3, 2022

Ch. 1 Fuel For the Fire

    Broken, loss, shattered, discarded. Riddled with anxiety and plagued with depression. Stale water bolsters no plants. Stagnate, cold, growing old. These fears they will not do. “Live your life in suppression or do you conquer this depression?” Words, outside thoughts, feelings, motives renewed. Sparks, lights, a hunger grew. Never again will I fall to that lulling slumber. Sensations of jubilation, yet lost in thought as I stare at the face of this daunting tower. This monolithic path that lays before me, uncertainties rising trying to crush me, steep me back into dark water; like a tea that is left to grow cold if we do not seize this drink then the ending of this journey will never be known. Anxiety replaced with tension, tension replaced with eagerness and eagerness replaced with laughter. Laughter for the unknown that lies ahead. All that we can do is take a sip as we head up this monolith, with fuel for the fire.


Poem by Silver Ray Evens-

19 comments:

  1. Interesting poem!

    From your comment on my inaugural blog post: "This motivated me. I now want to get these certificates and not just settle for a grade in this class."

    Very glad to see your motivation to hit a MOS Homerun :-)

    Welcome to IS101-3012, Fall 2022, Juan ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem is very interesting. It's better to replace anxiety with laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not read a poem in a long time yet I felt like I knew exactly what they may be referring to. We have all felt it one way or another. We must all produce strength to go on and keep on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anxiety and fear are alway's replaced with laughter. When you think that everything has come down on you, Smile and let out a laugh. That is the best remedy for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really great poem. Welcome to IS 101 Hope to see more poems from you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful piece of writing. Maybe I can enjoy it, but I can't create it. In Chinese, perhaps I can write very well. I hope to learn more from you in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great poem! You reminded me that I have to continue writing my next book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this poem. I also have gone through anxiety as well I can relate to this somewhat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice poem Juan, can't wait to see what comes next for chapter 2. Looking forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely poem. I used to be a bit of a writer myself! Keep on truckin'!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great poem. I also have anxiety but try to push through so I don't let it get the best of me. Biggest problem I haven't conquered yet is stage fright. Put me in front of class and anxiety is through the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very interesting and unique how you decided to share a poem instead of your first-day experience or overall CSN experience like most of us, and I can tell you value the wording of this poem greatly. I love the message and the takeaway from the last 3 sentences.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was a great way to deliver on a concept that we are all familiar with, the feeling of being overwhelmed and yet resigning ourselves to accomplish what we set out to do!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your poem is a perfect representation of how I felt starting back in school. I am using the feelings of being out of my comfort zone as motivation to keep going and finish what I started.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The good old days, as they say, were when I read poems like this in High School English class, and it kind of brought back some memories.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoyed reading the poem. It is very dreary but enlightening at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Interesting poem. Unique that you shared a poem instead of sharing your first impression or life experience.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great poem! I like how you included a picture.

    ReplyDelete