Thursday, September 29, 2022

Ch. 5 Mindfulness - Hello (Your Name)

Q. Hello (Your name)

A. Yes, that is me.

Q. Who are you?

A. I don’t know.

Q. Are you a person, place, or thing?

A. …


Q. If you are a person does that mean you contribute positively to a society?

A. …

Q. If you are a thing are you useful or serve a unique purpose that helps others in a meaningful way?

A. …

Q. or are you a place that offers shelter or comfort to those around you?

A. …

Q. Then what is (Your name)?

A. guess I am a nothing…

Q. Nothing?

A. Yes a nothing that wishes to become something.

Q. What is that something?

A. That is something that remains to be seen, that is the question that we all try to answer.

Q. …(Your name)?

A. Yes, hi; that is me and I look forward to finding out what is me.


-Poem by Silver Ray Evens

18 comments:

  1. Interesting exchange and very introspective :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great questions? Everything contributes to society and the questions ask how? Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I benefit a lot every time I read your blog! Because every time your writing technique and creative way, let me find something new!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great poem. I keep rereading your post, they are very heartfelt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing questions. Thank you for always sharing these unique ways you convey with IT and Poems.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very insightful poem. Somewhat mind bending, somewhat not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading your blogs Juan. These questions you post really make me question myself and think, am I a contributing member of society? What ways can I be useful and helpful?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your blog every post is great content

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a unique post here. I like it. Great questions that ask more questions at the end. What is nothing that wants to become something?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reminds me of the movie Lucy at where she's was about to gain 100% usage of her brain I like that movie. Great blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Out of all poems you posted so far, I think I'm able to relate to this one the most. I tend to do a lot of self reflection because I don't wanna simply exist, such as a celebrity who sits on tons of wealth and does absolutely nothing to make an impact.

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I initially start reading your poems they confuse me. It isn't towards the end that the meaning hits me. I enjoy reading these each time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting poem. Always nice to see a different and unique poem each time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was interesting to read. I think I sort of understand the meaning, but your poetry is wonderful. Look forward to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your poetry is really creative way to get your message across.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fascinating poem. Those questions will certainly live in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I enjoy reading your poems. They're extremely interesting.

    ReplyDelete